Do you know you can sell a product before you buy it?
The internet has posed many exciting opportunities to make money online and one of them is “reverse e-commerce.”
You can sell virtually anything with no limits using this method.
Here are 10 steps to get you started with a successful reverse e-commerce business of your own.
- Many people own products in their stores, looking for more ways to sell them. Visit these stores that sell products at wholesale prices. You can find them where people import goods.
- Take some digital photos of 20, 30 or 50 products you think might sell well online. These could be watches, statues, automotive products or articles of clothing. Doing this will enable you test to see what sells and what doesn’t sell.
- Ensure you note the cost of each product and how much of it in stock.
- Write a well-targeted advertising copy to accompany your photos to try and sell your newly found “virtual inventory.” Outsource this if you can’t write a good copy. (This is what determines if your offer will attract potential buyers)
- Create a seller/vendor account on market places like www.konga.com, www.jumia.com.ng, and other online market places. (these places have ongoing traffic already that will help your product rank well on search engines.)
- You can post your store link on your social media pages to increase your store visibility which increases your sales.
- Deliver the product(s) to the buyer once you have an order notification.
- Collect the money.
- Repeat steps 4-7 for the products that sell.
- Go back out and find more products to test for sale. Then, repeat the same process, often with the very same copy and photo you just used.
Remember, the most successful sellers sell and resell and resell again — often from the very same photo. As long as there is available stock to sell, why not keep selling if the customers keep buying?
You can also take a good looking picture of something in your home, in a friend’s home, in a wholesaler’s warehouse, in a used car lot or from anyone who wants to sell more of what he’s already selling. The ideas are endless.
ACTION TIP: Suppose your friend has a car land for sale. Make an agreement, preferably in writing, that if you can sell his car or land you keep all the money above his asking price. Then take a picture of the car or land and sell it (with your profit or markup included) via the Internet. Your friend is happy because he has sold his car or land. The customer is happy because he got the car or land he wanted. You’re happy because you’re pocketing your profit. You can do this with any product, any supplier or any importer who has inventory he or she wants to sell fast.